QuickBooks is renowned for the quality services and features it offers. The software is designed to save your time & efforts while performing business accounting. The software can manage your financial records and use them to track all the transactions and other monetary processes. QuickBooks has helped businesses to scale and enhance their efficiency. But sometimes, the software fails to run due to internal issues that can be resolved easily. This blog describes the steps to take when QuickBooks Won’t Open and the reasons that might be responsible for this error. If you also faced this issue in your QuickBooks, keep reading the blog to know more.
For any guidance related to the issue, feel free to contact a QB support team at 1.855.738.2784 .
About the issue
Sometimes, the software develops internal issues that can cause damage to the program files. Besides, many other factors can also interrupt the software while starting. This causes a failure in the software while opening, and it doesn’t respond to your commands. Even if the software runs, it may crash a few seconds after starting. This issue is unexpected and will continue to haunt you till you resolve it.
You may read also : QuickBooks Already Has A Company File Open
You are facing issues while the software opens due to the reasons listed below-
- The background QB processes are being interrupted by another application on your computer, which may be the Windows Firewall.
- There is a QBWUSER.ini file in your hard drive; damage to that folder can also result in this issue.
- You are using Windows with an outdated version on your computer.
You can fix this error by using the steps mentioned below-
Solution 1-Allow QuickBooks to bypass the Windows Firewall
The Windows Firewall settings on your computer can restrict QuickBooks from running background processes or using the required resources from the computer like disk space. If QuickBooks fails to access a file or save a file on your hard drive, the software fails to open. You can prevent these issues by preventing QuickBooks from getting blocked by the firewall. Refer to the steps below-
- Go to the Windows Defender Firewall in the control panel using the file explorer or directly open it through the search panel.
- Click on the Allow an app or a feature through the Windows Defender Firewall option present in the left menu.
- In the next window, select QuickBooks and add it to the list of allowed programs through the Windows Firewall.
- Once the QuickBooks have permissions through the firewall, try to reopen QuickBooks.
If the software fails to open, move to the next method.
Solution 2- Rename the QBWUSER.ini file
You’ll find this file in the folder containing your QuickBooks files. This file also plays an essential role in the smooth running of QuickBooks. If the file is under any damage, it can be recreated by renaming it. Follow the steps below-
- Go to the QuickBooks folder and right-click on the QBWUSER.ini file.
- Type .old as an extension in the file name.
- Save the file and try to reopen QuickBooks.
The software will now open without any issues.
This is the end of the blog created to explain why sometimes QuickBooks Won’t Open and the methods that can be used to counter it. We hope the issue was resolved from your QuickBooks after using the solutions.
The QB support team is always available for your help at 1.855.738.2784 .
You may read also : Update QuickBooks Desktop