An Easy Tutorial to Update QuickBooks Desktop
Updating applications to the latest releases are mandatory for smooth functioning. Similarly, it is important to update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release and versions for new features. Updating QuickBooks means adding new features and increasing the software’s efficiency. Intuit releases new updates for QuickBooks from time to time and discontinues its three-year older version every year. Follow the entire blog for detailed guidance on updating the QuickBooks Desktop application.
If you need guidance to update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release, call us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and seek help from the certified QuickBooks professionals
Advantages to keeping QuickBooks up-to-date
Following are the benefits of updating QuickBooks Desktop:
- Improved performance
- High security
- Advanced features
- User-friendly experience
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 6129
Guide to set up automatic updates in QuickBooks
- In QuickBooks, select the Help menu and choose Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select the Update Now tab. Clear all previous update downloads by selecting the Reset Update checkbox.
- Click the Get Updates button to start the download. Once the download completes, open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Accept the agree to the terms and conditions to install the new release of QuickBooks.
Schedule QuickBooks future automatic updates
- Open QuickBooks, select the Help menu, and click Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Choose the Options tab, and click Yes to turn on automatic updates to close the window.
- QuickBooks will download the latest updates automatically when they are available.
Steps to Download QuickBooks update manually
- Close all open company files and quit the application.
- Click the Windows Start menu, locate the QuickBooks icon, and right-click it.
- Choose the Run as administrator option and move to the No Company Open screen.
- On the prompt window, select the Help menu and click Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Choose the Options menu, click Mark All, and then the Save button.
- Mark the Update Now tab, click on the Reset Update checkbox and select Get Updates.
- When the update file downloads completely, restart QuickBooks and install the update.
- Once done, restart your workstation.
Steps to Download QuickBooks update from the internet
- Open the Downloads & Update page, scroll the Select Country drop-down and pick your country.
- Next, scroll through the Select Product drop-down and choose your product.
- Choose your QuickBooks version from the Select Version drop-down menu and click Search.
- Click the Get Updates button and save the update file somewhere you can easily find.
- Open the file, install the update and then restart your workstation.
How to check if your QuickBooks is up-to-date?
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop application and tap the Ctrl or F2 key on your keyboard to open the Product Information window.
- Within the Product Information wizard, view the version and latest QuickBooks patch.
- Check for the update available and download it.
That’s it. This blog has covered various ways to update QuickBooks Desktop. In case you have any doubts or need help from experts to download the update, give a call on QuickBooks support contact number 1.855.738.2784 and speak to certified QuickBooks professionals.
You may read also : QuickBooks Fatal Error