How to disassemble your Vachette Assa Abloy lock to replace it?
Is your front door fitted with a Vachette Assa Abloy lock? Do you want to change it or simply replace its cylinder? We will explain step by step how to disassemble your Vachette lock in order to replace the cylinder or even the complete lock. And in the worst case, your aio locksmith is always there to intervene in the 73 and 74.
The Vachette Assa Abloy brand is widely used in the Unites states. Also, it is not surprising that your door has a lock of this brand.
Ready to get your hands dirty? So let’s go! We are going to see how to replace its cylinder or its Vachette lock. Get out your screwdrivers and Allen wrenches!
Let’s start by changing the Vachette barrel. It is the easiest and most frequent operation.
Are you unfamiliar with the different parts of a lock? So do not hesitate to consult our article on the components of a lock.
How to change your Vachette lock cylinder?
Do you have a Vachette cylinder lock and it’s time to change it? You do well to act. It is a shame to take too long to change your barrel or cylinder only to end up in distress with your blocked Vachette lock.
Cowhide cylinder replacement tutorial
Replacing the cowhide cylinder is a fairly straightforward task. The operation that we are going to describe is common to most barrels. Among others, it applies to Vachette Radial NT, Radialis, HDI, Volt, V5, V6, First, etc. cylinders.
- Open the door.
- From the headrest, unscrew the long cylinder retaining screw.
- Insert your key into the Vachette Assa Abloy cylinder and turn it a quarter of a turn.
- Gently remove the barrel by pulling on the key.
- Position your new cylinder and screw it back on. Test for proper operation. And here it is in place.
Replacing Your Vachette Barrel in Tampa
Despite our previous tutorial, you may encounter difficulties in changing your Vachette cylinder. A handle that poses a problem? A concern about identifying the barrel to be replaced? Having trouble finding a compatible part? Or maybe you just don’t have the time or the inclination to deal with it.
No problem. Contact us, your All in one locksmith . We travel throughout locksmithTampa to replace your Vachette Assa Abloy cylinders or barrels with those from other brands.
How to replace your Vachette multipoint lock?
There are also cases where changing your Vachette cylinder takes the complexity up a notch. Indeed, you may need to completely disassemble your Vachette lock.
We are therefore going to see how to replace your Vachette multipoint lock through three examples: cowled cowl, recessed and surface-mounted locks.
Replacing your Vachette 8000 lock
The Vachette 8000 model is a streamlined lock.
- Open the door.
- Remove the cover screws with a screwdriver.
- Remove the handle from the door (handle + plate or rosette). If necessary, see our tutorial on changing the door handle.
- You can now remove the cover. Use a flat screwdriver if necessary, but always gently.
- Using an allen key, unscrew the 3 screws fixing the cylinder to the lock. You can now remove the cylinder.
- To remove the outer protection of the barrel, unscrew the 4 screws that hold it with the allen key. The top 2 are easily accessible. For the bottom 2, pass the allen key through the toothed wheel.
- You can now replace the cylinder with a new one or remove the lock completely as needed.
Changing your Trilock 5000 lock
The Vachette Trilock 5000 model is a mortise lock .
- Open the door. From the faceplate, use a screwdriver to remove the long cylinder fixing screw.
- Insert the key into the cylinder, turn a quarter turn, and pull gently to remove it from the Vachette Trilock 5000 lock.
- At this point, you can simply replace your European cylinder. To completely replace the Vachette lock, continue.
- Remove the door handle (handle + plate or rose) on both sides. If necessary, see our door handle replacement tutorial.
- Unscrew all the headrest retaining screws.
- Carefully insert a tool into the opening left by the handle, such as a flat screwdriver, to lightly push the recessed lock out.
- While still using the flat screwdriver, separate the faceplate from the door.
- Take your new Vachette Assa Abloy recessed lock and repeat the operations in the reverse order. At the end, check the proper functioning of the new lock in place.
Replacing your Multilock lock
The Vachette Multilock model is a wall-mounted lock. Here’s how to repair your 3-point cowhide lock, or at least how to replace it.
- Open the door.
- Using a screwdriver, remove the tabs holding the linkage down. Also remove the linkage.
- Remove the box from the Multilock lock by removing the retaining screws on the door.
- For a complete lock change, take your new lock unit and place it in place of the old one. Continue to simply replace the cylinder (in 2 parts).
- Remove the 2 screws (upper and lower) that secure the lock case shut.
- You can now separate the safe into halves. One part with the internal system of the Vachette Multilock lock, the second part with only the first half of the cylinder.
- Take the second part of the box and remove the 2 screws that hold the first part of the cylinder. There you have the 1st half of your barrel. Let’s move on to the second.
- Take the lock box with its internal system and remove the first plate, comprising a mechanism for the linkage.
- Unscrew the part that, with a little imagination, evokes a seahorse.
- Remove the second mechanism.
- There are now four visible screws. Unscrew the two screws in the center. You now have access to the second part of the cylinder.
- Thus, you can now change the 2 parts of your barrel.
- There you have it. You just have to put everything back in place with the new parts and test the correct functioning of the assembly.
Replacing your Vachette lock in Tampa Bay
As with the cylinder change, you can count on your locksmith tampa bay to replace your Vachette Assa Abloy lock.
Our expert locksmiths travel throughout the territory of the Tampa departments to resolve your locksmith issues. Contact us to change or install your Vachette A2P , standard, or even another brand lock .
More info Visit : https://businessmag.org/