All you need to Know about QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
In case if you are not saving you important QuickBooks data to the cloud using Intuit Data Protect or any other online data backup services then the only chance to recover your damaged or lost data is to use a data recovery software. Fortunately, QuickBooks Desktop’s ADR (Auto Data Recovery) tool can help you recover all of your lost or damaged QuickBooks data almost every time. For the first time Auto Data Recovery was integrated with QuickBooks in 2012 and since then recovering data is not considered as huge trouble. In this article, we will show you how you can do the data recovery yourself using QuickBooks ADR, so follow the complete article for detailed instructions.
Call QuickBooks Data Recovery Team at 1.855.738.2784 and Get Immediate Help Recovering your Lost QuickBooks Data
What Data can be Recovered Using QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
Using QuickBooks Data Recovery you can recover almost every type of data in QuickBooks however there are few limitations on how much data can be recovered in the form of ADR file that we will discuss later in the article. You can easily recover the transaction data of the last few hours using your current transaction log file and the copy of your company file. In case if you want to recover all of your lost data from the beginning then you will need the copy of both .TLG and .QBW files, but 100% data recovery is not assured in this process.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 1334
Important Points to Consider Before Recovering Lost QuickBooks Data
- Auto Data Recovery feature is only available to the Windows users using Enterprise, Pro, and Premium version of QuickBooks.
- Auto Data Recovery tool does not allow to recover data file bigger than 1500 MB, it means if your data is larger than 1.5 GB then QuickBooks will not generate the recovered data in ADR file format.
- Before starting the recovery process make sure that you are on the latest released version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- If your data file is large in size then it might take days recovering the lost data and you will not be able to use QuickBooks within the meanwhile.
- It is suggested to apply all the other troubleshooting methods to repair and recover lost or corrupt data before running the ADR.
- Follow all the troubleshooting instructions in the given sequence.
Steps to Recover Lost Data using QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
Recovering the Latest Transactions using Initial Transaction Log File
- Right-click on your desktop and move your cursor to New option and select Folder.
- Name this new folder QBTest.
- Open QuickBooks and press F2 key to open the QuickBooks company file folder.
- Locate the file with .tlg extension with the same name as your company file.
- Right click the .tlg file and select copy.
- Paste the file in the new test folder created on your desktop.
- Open the company file folder once again and open QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery folder.
- Now copy the QBW.ard file from the folder and paste it into the same new test folder
- Now right click the QBW.adr file in the test folder and select Rename.
- Delete .adr from the end of the file name.
- Now open QuickBooks and select the company file from the Test folder.
- Under the File tab select Utilities and then click Verify Data.
- If you have successfully recovered all the transaction data then move this company file to the QuickBooks folder and delete the old file.
Recovering all of your Transaction File Data using .TLG and .QBW.adr File
- Follow 1 to 3 from the troubleshooting step mentioned above.
- Copy .QBW.adr and .TLG.adr file from the folder and paste it into the new folder created on the desktop.
- Rename both the files and delete .adr from the file names.
- Open QuickBooks company file from the new folder and verify the data using Verify Data Utility.
- If the company file is working properly then move it to the original QuickBooks folder and delete the old files
Hopefully, this troubleshooting method will help you QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery QuickBooks data and in case if you need the help of an expert to guide you through the complete recovery process or if you are facing any issues recovering data which is common in QuickBooks then you can call our 24/7 QuickBooks Support Number 1.855.738.2784 for help.
Also see : How to Fix QuickBooks Could Not Load the License Data Error 3371