Gmail is the safest and most secure option that is available for the process of email exchange not just that also Gmail email service is always very easy for everyone to use and to understand. But, still, as it comes to using Gmail for Windows 11 then that is still something very new for the people who are not very well versed with this. So, here for all those who have now upgraded to Windows 11 operating system here, we will see how they can use Gmail application on Windows 11.
Gmail on Windows 11-
On Windows 11 operating system also Gmail can be very easy and smooth to be used, but still, as it is a new thing, therefore, the users may get stuck at some points, therefore, understanding the use of the service on it is really very important and that is what we will be doing here.
Setting up Gmail in Windows 11 operating system–
Well, talking about the setup we can say that, there are two ways for doing it one is you can do it through the mail app and the other is the simple addition of Gmail application on Windows 11 operating system supported computer. Here, further in the blog, we will discuss both procedures .other than these procedures we will also see some additional information that will be helpful for the users further with the process of using Gmail on Windows 11 in the most efficient and also effective manner.
What to do for setting up Gmail on Windows 11 through the mail app?
In order to do this, please follow the steps given below-
- On the system open the start menu
- In the search, menu enter mail and open the mail application
- Next, click the option “Add account”
- In the next step click on “Google” and wait for a while
- You will then see the Google login Window on the screen
- In the given field enter the email address
- After that click on “next”
- Next, please enter your Gmail password and click on “sign-in”
- After this, click on “allow”
This is how you can set up your account properly if it has to be done through the Windows mail app. But, as we have already discussed above there is another procedure also that is adding Gmail app directly to Windows 11.
Adding Gmail app to Windows 11-
If you need to do this, then please follow the steps given below-
- Open your web browser
- There on the browser open Gmail and sign in to your account
- In the upper right corner click on the “gear icon”
- After this click on “sell all settings”
- Next, you should go to the “offline tab”
- From there you should tick the box and should enable offline mail
- After this, please choose the option “keep offline data on my computer “
- Next, please open the main Gmail webpage
- In the next step click the ellipsis from the top right corner
- Right after this in the menu click on “more tools”
- Then click the option “create shortcut”
- You should next check the box “open in new Window”
- After this click on “create”
After this, for further efficient working of the service, it is necessary for the user to enable I MAP in Gmail.
In order to enable I MAP in Gmail, the user will need to follow the steps given below-
- Please open the web browser
- After this open Gmail
- Next, you should log in to your account
- After this, you should click on “settings”
- Next, please click on “see all settings “
- After this click on “forwarding POP/IMAP”
- Then you should choose the option to enable IMAP
- In the next step, you should click the option “save changes”
- At last, you should check in the mail app if the issue has been resolved
Other than this, if you are already using Gmail on application Windows 11 and now you need to remove it from the computer then for that you should follow a different set of steps.
How to remove Gmail account from Windows 11?
If you wish to remove your Gmail account from Windows 11, then in that case you should follow the steps given below-
- Open the mail app on the computer
- Then click on the “gear” icon
- After this, click on “manage accounts”
- Right after this, you should choose the email account from Which you need to sign out
- After this, click the option “Remove this account from this device “
- Then, click on the “delete” button
- After this, you can easily remove your Gmail account from the Mail app in Windows 11
If you still need to know anything more, then in that case you should get in touch with the team of trained and certified experts. They are there for the help of the users all the time.