QuickBooks error 15270 is a payroll error that appears when a user tries to download an update for QuickBooks and payroll. The error code shows up on the screen with a message, “Error 15270: The (payroll) update did not complete successfully. The update is missing a file.” The most common reasons behind the error are incomplete payroll updates and inactive payroll subscription. Another reason could be the incorrect employer identification number (EIN). Read the blog until the end to get more insights on error 15270 in QuickBooks.
Why stress yourself so much over QuickBooks error 15270 when there are experts available to help you fix it? Give a call on the QuickBooks tech support number 1.855.738.2784 and connect with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
What are the root causes of QuickBooks update error 15270?
Check out the list of known causes that trigger this payroll update error:
- The QuickBooks payroll subscription is expired or temporarily inactive.
- The service key and EIN entered are incorrect.
- The QuickBooks payroll update is incomplete, or the file is corrupted.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Closes Unexpectedly
Quick Solutions to Fix QuickBooks payroll error 15270
Solution 1. Get the complete QuickBooks payroll update
- Restart the QuickBooks application. When the QuickBooks Update service window appears, click the Install Later button.
- Choose the Help menu, select Update QuickBooks and move to the Update QuickBooks window.
- Choose the Update Now tab, mark the Reset Update checkbox and click the Get Updates button.
- When the update completes, restart QuickBooks and wait till you see the QuickBooks Update Service message on the screen.
- Click the Install Now button and install the update successfully.
- Next, choose the Employees menu and select Get Payroll Updates to reinstall the payroll update.
- Mark the Download entire payroll update checkbox and click the Update button.
Solution 2. Check the QuickBooks payroll subscription
- In QuickBooks Basic, Standard or Enhanced Payroll: Go to the Employees menu and select My Payroll Service.
- Choose Account Billing Information or Account Info/Preferences.
- Open your Intuit account and move to the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page.
- There, check if the subscription is Active.
- In QuickBooks Assisted Payroll: Choose the Employees menu and select My Payroll Service.
- Choose Account/Billing Information or Account Info/Preferences.
- When the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page opens, close the update prompt and validate the payroll service again.
Solution 3. Get QuickBooks Tool Hub to run Quick Fix my Program
- Close the QuickBooks data file, then QuickBooks and download the most recent setup file of the QuickBooks version.
- When the download completes, save the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to a place somewhere you can easily access.
- Open the file, follow the on-screen steps and click on the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox to install the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- From the tool hub, choose the Program Problems tab and click Quick Fix my Program.
- Let Quick Fix my Program resolve issues within the QuickBooks program.
Hopefully, the troubleshooting solutions discussed above will help you remove QuickBooks error 15270 permanently. If you face any difficulty performing the steps or the error reappears, contact the certified QuickBooks expert’s team for assistance by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784.