Intuit Data Protect Backup, as the appellation suggested, is a data backup assistance by Intuit. It assists in protecting the company’s sensitive financial data from failure, robbery, or malware impairment. The failure to back up the data could be rooted in multiple causes such as lack of system resources and the rest have been listed below. Apart from the cause of Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed error, in this article, we have listed the steps to resolve it. In case you want a quick fix, place a call at 1.855.738.2784
What causes the “Intuit Data Protect Backup Incomplete” Error?
Intuit Data Protect Backup Incomplete Errors can be caused for various reasons. The most common of those are when the application is not able to access the company file that is to be backed up. Given below are some of the reasons the cause error of Intuit Protect Backup failed.
- The company file that needs to be backed up is opened by some other workstation on the same network.
- IBuEngHost.exe process is being used by the local user instead of being accessed by the admin user.
- Your Functioning system is operating some other file technique further than NTFS.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 12002
Steps to Resolve an issue when Intuit Data Protect is not Backing up Data
Troubleshooting Method 1: the file to be backed up must be closed from other stations
- Look for the file if opened on other workstations. Close it from there.
- On your system open the Intuit Data Protect and right-click the IDP icon from the system tray.
- Click on Open Intuit Data Protect and select Back up Now.
- Follow the next troubleshooting step if you acquire the Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed blunder message.
Troubleshooting Method 2: Make sure that the IBuEngHost.exe is used by the admin and not by the local user
- Open the Task Manager by using the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys together.
- Click on the Processes tab and find the IBuEngHost.exe process.
- Verify the username under the User Name section of the process.
- If the User Name section displays some other user other than System User, then you will require reinstalling QuickBooks using the system administrator account.
The above steps work to get you to solve the problem of Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed. In case the backup still does not occur with this service, it is recommended to call the QuickBooks support team at 1.855.738.2784 With the best technical staff, they will realize the cause of the issue and eventually solve it for you.