QuickBooks has been aiding small businesses with their accounting for many decades now. Intuit launched it as a bookkeeping software for businesses, although its dependable services have made it a preferred choice for many other categories of users like accountants, entrepreneurs, etc. QuickBooks is the best software for accounting indeed, but it can suffer from internal errors that become troublesome while utilizing the software. QuickBooks Error 1603 obstructs the installation process, and as a result, users are not able to install the software on their computers. If you encountered a similar issue on your PC, keep reading the blog to find out the causes of this error and the methods that are effective in eliminating this error.
Reach our QB support team at 1.855.738.2784 for assistance in resolving this error.
About the error
This is a runtime error that emerges as a barrier during the installation of QuickBooks on your PC. Even if you manage to install the software, you’ll encounter this error a few seconds after opening the software. Your PC won’t be successful in installing the software until you get rid of this error, as the error codes will appear during the installation process, forcing it to stop instantly. However, it is not a reason to worry as the error can be easily resolved by making some repairs to your device.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Registration Error
The conditions which can trigger this error in QuickBooks are listed below-
- You are using a lousy internet connection, and the installation file got corrupted during the download due to breaks in the connection.
- The Windows Firewall isn’t allowing QuickBooks installation on your computer.
- The Microsoft components like .NET Framework and MSXML are damaged.
You can use these procedures to eliminate this error in your QuickBooks-
Solution 1- Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
QuickBooks Tool hub provides various tools to tackle minor problems in the software that result in these errors. Download the latest version of QuickBooks toll hub and follow the steps below-
- 1. Click on Installation Issues in the QuickBooks Tool hub.
- After the drop-down menu appears, select the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Wait till the tool repairs the issues and try to reinstall QuickBooks.
If the error still hinders the installation process, try the next method.
Solution 2- Repair the MSXML component
It may be possible that the Microsoft Components are missing or damaged due to a malware attack on your PC. This will generate issues during the installation of QuickBooks. You can use the methods mentioned below to repair the component manually-
- For 64-bit operating system
- Go to the search panel in the taskbar and type ‘cmd.’
- 2.Click the cmd icon in the right-click menu and choose Run as administrator.
- Type cd\windows\syswow64 in cmd as a command and press Enter.
- Type regsvr32 MSXML6.dll and press Enter again.
- Once you see a message ‘DllRegisterServer in MSXML6.dll succeeded’ on your screen, close cmd.
- Try reinstalling QuickBooks on your PC.
- For 32-bit operating system
- Open cmd from the search panel.
- Type regsvr32 MSXML6.dll in cmd and press Enter.
- Try to Reinstall QuickBooks after you see ‘DllRegisterServer in MSXML6.dll succeeded’ on your screen.
The error will be resolved, and QuickBooks will be successfully installed on your computer.
We have reached the end of this blog that defines QuickBooks Error 1603. The causes of this error in QuickBooks and the methods to resolve it are also mentioned. We hope you were able to remove the error after using the procedures, and QuickBooks is now installed on your PC.
For any more queries, contact our QB support team at 1.855.738.2784.
You may also read: QuickBooks Desktop Keeps Crashing: Read the 100% Working Techniques Here