QuickBooks payroll error PS036 appears on the screen when a user tries to verify payroll subscription and install the latest payroll update. When the error encounters, the user gets a message, “PS036: There is a problem verifying your payroll subscription.” There are numerous reasons that give rise to the error, such as damaged QuickBooks application, expired payroll subscription, and incorrect service key. Other causes behind the error are listed in the blog below. Continue reading till the end to know the troubleshooting solutions to fix QuickBooks payroll update error PS036.
Do you require technical assistance to resolve QuickBooks payroll error PS036? Don’t worry. Call us on our toll-free number 1-855-948-3646 and get immediate assistance from the QuickBooks technical support team
What are the causes behind QuickBooks error PS036?
The factors that give rise to payroll error PS036 in QuickBooks are as follows:
- The QuickBooks payroll subscription is expired or inactive.
- The QuickBooks Desktop and payroll tax table are outdated.
- Various payroll agreements with an Inactive Direct Deposit.
- Wrong service key and Employer Identification Number (EIN).
You may read also : QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077
Top 4 Methods to Deal with error PS036: Cannot verify payroll subscription
Method 1. Keep QuickBooks updated
- Close company files before you quit the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Click the Windows icon to open the Start menu, right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and select the Run as administrator option.
- Wait till you see the No Company Open screen, choose the Help menu, and select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Choose the Options tab and click the Mark All button, and select Save.
- Click the Update Now tab, tick the Reset Update checkbox and click Get Updates.
- When it completes, open QuickBooks and install the update.
Method 2. Download a new payroll tax table in QuickBooks Desktop
- Start QuickBooks, choose Employees, and click Get Payroll Updates.
- Select the Download entire payroll update checkbox and click the Update button.
Method 3. Verify the payroll subscription in QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks, go to the Employees menu, and click My Payroll Service.
- Choose Account/Billing Information and log in using the login credentials of Intuit account.
- See if the payroll service shows Active and then close the window.
Method 4. Use Quick Fix my Program to resolve issues within QuickBooks
- Close all open company files, then quit QuickBooks, and download the QuickBooks Tool Hub setup file.
- Save the downloaded setup file at a place where you can easily find.
- Once done, open the file and follow the prompt steps.
- After that, select to mark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox to successfully install tool hub.
- Once it completes, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking the icon and select Program Problems.
- Click Quick Fix my Program. When the tool completes, start QuickBooks, and open your company file.
The troubleshooting solutions discussed in the blog above will help you fix QuickBooks payroll error PS036. If you find the solutions confusing and need help, call us on our toll-free number 1-855-948-3646 and talk to certified QuickBooks professionals.
This blog is posted on businessmag.org