With time QuickBooks has progressed to reach millions of users. This leads to hoards of data being stored on the software. In return at one point or the other users do come across error and most common of these are the ones due to data corruption. QuickBooks Error C 224 arises for the same reason when a user tries to export a report to excel file. In this article we have integrated the causes and eventually steps to help you resolve QuickBooks Desktop error C=224. Follow the complete article for detailed troubleshooting instructions.
The reasons behind QuickBooks Desktop error C=224
As mentioned above the most common cause for QuickBooks Desktop error C=224 is data corruption. Apart from that a number of factors cause QuickBooks Error C 224 to appear. Some of these have been listed below:
- The damaged and corrupt company file.
- QuickBooks Desktop application is outdated.
- Damage in the Windows registry files associated with QuickBooks Desktop.
- Damage in the QuickBooks Transaction Log (.TLG) file.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 6175
Troubleshooting Steps to get rid of QuickBooks Error Code C=224
Method 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop to the most delinquent version.
- Open QuickBooks desktop and click on Update QuickBooks from the Help tab.
- From the Update Now tab make sure all the features and Maintenance Release checkbox is selected.
- Next, click on get updates.
- When the updates are downloaded, click on Update Now button.
- Restart the computer so as to apply the updates.
- Try to export the reports once again, and if QuickBooks is freezing while doing so, then you will need to repair the damaged transaction log file by following the next troubleshooting step.
Method 2: Repairing the Damaged QuickBooks .TLG (Transaction Log File)
- Open the Windows File Manager and move to the QuickBooks installation folder.
- Search for the transaction log file with .TLG extension in the QuickBooks folder where the company file is stored.
- The file will have the same name as the company file.
- Right-click the file and click Rename.
- Add .OLD at the end of the file name and then save the file.
- Open QuickBooks and check if the error is resolved now.
In this article we have given you the easy ways to solve the QuickBooks Error C 224. In case the struggle to get rid of it still continues, it is advisable to talk to the QuickBooks ProAdvisors team at 1.855.738.2784 The support team is Intuit authorized and would remove the error to avoid further data loss because of corruption. The team is available for your help and is just a call away.