QuickBooks Error 6190 816: Reasons and Solutions
QuickBooks is an accounting software that is in wide use. Because of its smooth interface, it has made vapid accounting work easy to handle. However, if there is a misconfiguration in the hosting settings or a damaged company file an error with a technical code may arise. There are many errors that might occur and create hindrance while working. One of such errors is QuickBooks error 6190 816.
The user may get error codes -6190 and -816 in QuickBooks while trying to open a company file. Therefore, understanding the reasons and taking the necessary steps is essential to resolve them. However, if you cannot follow the steps shown here you can contact our support team.
Reasons for QB 6190 816 Error
● Third-party access in Single User Mode: The most common reason for the QB 6190816 error could be when another user is accessing the company files in Single User Mode.
● The transaction log file is different from the company file: A transaction log file is stored as [company file name].qbw.tlg file. When that file fails to match the linked “TLG” file, the user sees a QuickBooks error 6190,-816.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Fatal Error
Solutions for QuickBooks Company File Error -6190 -816
The user can try out the methods mentioned below to eliminate the QuickBooks company file error -6190 -816.
Update QuickBooks Software
This is how you can do it:
● Close your company file and then close QuickBooks. Right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon and choose Run as administrator.
● On the “No Company Open” screen, go to the Help menu, select Update QuickBooks, then go to the Options tab, and select Mark All. Finally, click on the ‘Save’ button.
● Go to the Update Now tab, and mark the Reset Update box, now select the Get Updates button.
● When the update is completed, close the QuickBooks then Reopen QuickBooks and install the update. After installation, restart your computer.
Rename the File
Open the same device in which the company file was saved. After that, renaming the files is the next move. This step won’t cause any data loss and you can rename the file through the following steps:
● Open the company folder to see the transaction log file and company file. They will have the same name but under different extensions. The company file will be named as [company file name].qbw.nd and a transaction log file will be named as [company file name].qbw. tlg.
● You need to identify the company file out of those two. Once found, rename it. Don’t delete the extension or “.qbw.nd” from the end. Now, rename the transaction log file.
● Exit the system and then open QuickBooks and log i
n to the company file.
Switch to Single-User Mode
This is one of the most common reasons for QuickBooks error 6190 816. To avoid this, the user must:
First, ensure that all the users are logged out of the QuickBooks Data file. Thereon, restart the computers and copy the data file to the desktop or another location. Again copy the data file back to its original location and sign in to QuickBooks.
The methods shared in this post will hopefully help you resolve QuickBooks error 6190 816 and restore your inaccessible data. If the article doesn’t help you resolve the problem, contact Support for assistance or dial the1.855.738.2784.
Also see: QuickBooks Error 1612| A Quick and Simple Solution