QuickBooks is the best tool, online platform, and desktop application for medium to small-sized businesses to carry out their accounting needs. The wide range of add-on features and 24*7 support for its customers are the two stalwart pillars upon which the company has created its name in the market. However, errors like QuickBooks Company File not found halt the daily operations of the customers. Let’s discuss it in detail below.
Is QuickBooks Pro Company file not found error bugging you quite often for some time? Don’t let it bother your productive hours. Call our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and get expert assistance right away
What is QuickBooks Company File Error
The QuickBooks Company File Error occurs when the QuickBooks fails to open the Company File. It can arise when the QuickBooks cannot connect to the root folder of the Company File due to blockages within the source path.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks POS Error
Reasons for why Company File not found in QuickBooks Desktop
Here are the reasons why the Company File not found in QuickBooks Desktop. Read them and look if there are any similarities between them and your system’s behavioral patterns.
- A long Company File name.
- Hard drive is damaged or corrupted.
- QBWUSER.INI file is damaged or went missing.
- Windows Operating System has been damaged.
- Possible malware breach.
Solutions for QuickBooks Error Code Company File not found
Here we listed down some solutions for the QuickBooks Error Code Company File not found. Try them step-by-step to evade the issue.
- Go to C: drive and create a new folder.
- Now open the QuickBooks Company File folder.
- Copy the Company File by selecting it and pressing Ctrl + C.
- Now go back to the new folder and paste the file by pressing Ctrl + V.
- Open the location: C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks[Year]. It is the location of the folder where the QBWUSER.ini file is stored.
- If you can’t view the file, try to enable hidden files and folders.
- Right-click the file and rename it.
- Add .old at the end of the extension like- QBWUSER.ini.old.
Here comes the end of our article on the error QuickBooks Company File not found. We have written all the reasons and possible solutions to the issue to help you understand and evade it. If still the QuickBooks Company File could not be found, then feel free to call our toll-free support number 1.855.738.2784 and let an expert talk you through the problem.